Lord Jesus Christ.....
“And I saw a great white throne, and I saw the one who was sitting on it ... And the one sitting on the throne said ... ’I am the Alpha and the Omega - the Beginning and the End.’” (Revelation 20:11; 21:6)
It is the Lord Jesus Christ who rules from the great white throne. Jesus had already told his disciples that he would be the final judge of men. He promised that those who put their trust in him would be saved from the judgment of sin, but those who reject him will be judged.
So did Jesus claim to be God, or was he simply misunderstood. Let's take another look at Jesus' claims and ask: would Jesus have made such radical claims if he was not God?
• Jesus used God's Name for himself
• Jesus called himself "Son of Man"
• Jesus called himself "Son of God"
• Jesus claimed to forgive sin
• Jesus claimed oneness with God
• Jesus claimed all authority
• Jesus accepted worship
• Jesus called himself the "The Alpha and Omega"
• Jesus called himself "God"
Some might say, "how can we believe Jesus' claims? What proof did he leave?" Three days after his crucifixion, his disciples claimed they saw him alive. If their story was a hoax, it would have died out as the Romans submitted them.
“What is beyond all space and time, what is uncreated, eternal, came into nature, descended into His own universe, and rose again.”