Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Shashi Tharoor

I wrote in my Blog on Friday, June 29, 2007 that we believe the world community has lost a golden opportunity by failing to elect you, the charismatic Indian, as the next Secretary General of the United Nations Organization.



I hold the same view now that you are the most eligible candidate to be voted to become the next Congress MP from the constituency of Thiruvananthapuram. I have read a lot about you and your articles, and I believe that all your writings reflect the mind of a true statesman, an Indian to the core, just the way I perceive myself as an Indian.



Once in parliament, apart from your ideals and principles, you also need to educate the Indian Government on the importance of allowing the Non-Resident Indians to exercise their votes through the Postal System, the Web, or the Indian Missions abroad. If such a facility existed, you could easily have got three votes, i.e. that of mine, my wife's and my daughter's, and needless to say, the votes of all my relatives and friends.

Here's wishing you every success in your election campaign in Kerala to become a Member of the Indian Parliament representing the Congress Party.

Jai Hind, and good luck to you dear Shashi Tharoor.

Om Namah Shivaya

Prathap G., Sharjah, U.A.E.

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;
Where knowledge is free;
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow domestic walls;
Where words come out from the depth of truth;
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection;
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;
Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought and action
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake .
-- Rabindranath Tagore (Gitanjali).

Visit Shashi Tharoor's Website

No comments: